I visited the Taj Mahal when I travelled to India a couple of years ago. The Taj Mahal is one of the wonders of the world and naturally a great tourist attraction! I wanted to share a few pictures I took of the monument.
- It is estimated to have taken more than 22,000 people to build this impressive building including laborers, painters, stonecutters, embroidery artists
- The Taj Mahal takes on different coloring at different times of the day, from a pinkish hue in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden at night when lit by the moon. They say the changing color resembles the changing mood of a woman
- Built in memory of the Emperors third and most favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal
- The four sides of the Taj Mahal are perfectly identical creating an astonishingly mirrored image on each side.
- The full height of the Taj Mahal is 171…
View original post 39 more words